Whether at home or away, keep your hair looking fantastic and frizz to a minimum with our top tips for surviving the heat this summer!
- Wash and go in no time this summer and let you hair air-dry in the sunshine!
- For curls: run a few errands or perform household chores with your twist out/and or curl rods in. Your hair will dry in the sun, you’ll save time and you’ll have gorgeous defined curls – win win.
- In order to avoid frizz, don’t forget your leave in conditioner or deep conditioner – oils such as castor oil are great for all hair types as they will keep your hair looking glossy and will help your hair retain moisture over longer periods of time and periods of high humidity – just don’t over do it if your hair isn’t very porous. This will help to avoid build up!
- Shea Butter contains a small amount of SPF – rub within your palms to soften then work through your hair in sections, add a little extra to your ends in order to avoid breakage
- If swimming try and updo or shower cap to avoid exposure to chlorine or saltwater – another method we recommend is wetting your hair prior to jumping into the pool or sea and adding a little leave-in conditioner. This will help prevent absorbtion of chlorine or sea salt!
- If wearing a protective style or hair extensions this summer consider going a little shorter in order to stay cooler – those waist length braids may look gorgeous but the extra length will increase your overall temperature.
- The perfect cut will help ensure your hair looks great no matter the humidity! Find a salon or barber near you on our Black Hair Directory Listings page