Thinking of transitioning from Relaxed to Natural Afro Hair?
Considering the Big Chop?
Here are our top tips!
- You don’t have to chop all of your hair off at once! In fact if your hair isn’t too damaged a few inches at a time will do!
- A protective style will ease the process and promote growth through minimal breakage – think Cornrows, Braids, Twists!
- Whilst debated most agree sulphate isn’t great for Afro / Curly Hair, try an organic or Sulphate free shampoo!
- Find out if your hair is porous or non-porous then base your daily conditioner on on how much moisture your curls crave!
- Curly hair needs a lot of TLC – many Naturalistas use deep conditioners at least once a week!
- If you need a little inspiration, try our Instagram or Pinterest:
- Be patient, take selfies, wear a hat or killer headscarf if necessary! Good Luck!